The ASEAN & Oceania region is becoming one of the preferred trade and investment regions for Indian businesses and FICCI as an apex Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India, gives special focus to this region. Besides, coming up as a major bloc for geo-economic cooperation, the region also plays important role in India’s geo-political and geo-social positioning. India’s Act East policy goes beyond the ASEAN to cover the Oceania region too in a holistic manner.
The combined strength of the single ASEAN market (more than US$2.6 trillion) Oceania market (US$ 1.7 trillion) and India’s US$ 2.7 trillion economy, creates an economic power house that has the potential to become one of the strongest in the world. Burgeoning consumerism, new-advanced manufacturing technology and aspiration to introduce fast-track innovative mechanism with support of young educated and talented resources has brought about the right time to escalate business-to-business cooperation between India - ASEAN and Oceania region.
FICCI engages with industry across border with support of its MoU partners and other stake holders, contributing at all levels - policy advocacy, industry inputs, investment promotion dialogues by creating opportunities at business fairs, industry interactions with Ministers/Government Officials and through track 1.5 economic diplomacy platforms like Delhi Dialogue to engage with the region.
- Joint Business Councils & MOU partners in each of the 10 ASEAN member nations & Oceania
- ASEAN India Business Council - Indian Co-Chair is President FICCI and the Indian secretariat is FICCI
- India- Singapore CEO’s Forum - Indian Secretariat is FICCI for the forum
- Delhi Dialogue - Track 1.5 diplomacy platforms established with Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India and ASEAN partners
- India-ASEAN Expo-The flag ship exhibition between India & ASEAN
- India-ASEAN Women Business Forum - The partnership between FICCI Flo and ASEAN Women Entrepreneurs Network
- India Advisory Group in Australia - Indian High Commissioner is the patron of the group
- FIPIC Trade Office - During the second summit of Forum for India–Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC) held in August 2015 in Jaipur, New Delhi, Prime Minister of India has announced setting up of the FIPIC Trade Office at FICCI to promote Trade & Investment opportunities between India & Pacific Island Countries