State Council Overview
West Bengal is the fourth largest State in India. The state offers a growing and vibrant market, young and skilled work force, robust physical and social infrastructure, improved work culture and business friendly environment. West Bengal has a strategic location as it is a major hub on the important trade route to the South East Asia and ASEAN countries and provides entry to North-East India, landlocked neighboring countries of Nepal, Bhutan. With a population of 91.3 million, the state has a strong consumer base and a large talent pool.
FICCI office was setup in Kolkata in 2004 to look into the issues concerning the Eastern Region. Since its inception the State office has been playing an important role in promoting Centre - State interface, assisting different verticals in FICCI to create awareness, stimulate and strengthen the reform process in the State.
FICCI West Bengal State Council works closely with the State Government and Industry and has been organizing Stakeholder Consultation, Conclaves, Workshops, Seminars, National and International roadshows, etc. The West Bengal State Council also plays an important role in providing inputs on policy initiatives to the State Government. FICCI-WBSC has partnered with Government of West Bengal as Summit Partner in organizing the past three editions of the Bengal Global Business Summit.
- partners the State Government in organizing investment summit and promotional activities both national and international
- organizes stakeholder consultation for feedback from industry related to policy, schemes and reforms
- Works with State Government on sector specific projects ( MSME, Skills etc)
- organizes focused B2B / B2G meetings
- Provide a platform to interact with other members, institutions, state & central governments and meet global business and political leaders
- Undertakes research studies and surveys