Illicit Trade in terms of counterfeiting, smuggling and piracy are highly pervasive across countries and sectors, representing a multi-billion-dollar industry that continues to grow and impact commerce and industry, governments, economies and the society at large. According to recent estimates, by year 2022, the value of counterfeit and pirated goods will be around $1.90 -$2.81 trillion. Hence, it is increasingly imperative to deliberate on this subject and find ways and means to mitigate this challenge.
FICCI CASCADE is organizing its flagship annual event under the title: MASCRADE 2017 - Movement Against Smuggling and Counterfeit Trade on 12-13 October, 2017 in New Delhi. The theme of this year's conference is Protect Your Brand Globally: Fight Counterfeiting, Smuggling and Piracy. The conference is structured to ensure that both national and international stakeholders can dialogue and deliberate to identify opportunities for joint action between governments, private sector, and enforcement machinery to combat illegal trade. The conference also aims to design tangible solutions to countering illicit trade in global markets.
It will focus on:
- Countering Illicit Market Operations - Synergies to Secure Our Future
- Defending Your Brand - Measuring the Reputational and Financial Impact on Your Business
- Building Collaborations with Law Enforcement Agencies - Eliciting Responses Against Illicit Trade and Cross Border Organized Crime
- Combating Content Theft in The Digital World - Strategies and Solutions
- Senior Leadership Discussion: Assess Your Anti - Counterfeiting, Anti-Smuggling & Brand Protection Activities and Determine Their Business Worth