FICCI is organising a Commemorative event to mark the 150th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi, our beloved father of the nation. It will be held on 19th November 2018 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, 15 Janpath, Wndsor Place, New Delhi.
Shri Venkaiah Naidu, the Vice President of India will be the Chief Guest and deliver the inaugural address at this important occassion.
List of key events being planned by FICCI to promote Gandhi ji's principles
FICCI & FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) program with Women Parliamentarians, Women Achiever Awards, - December, 2018, New Delhi
- FICCI Parliamentary Forum and FLO will be organising an Event with Women Parliamentarians of India. We also intend to recognise women achievers for exemplary work at the grass-roots level across various fields including entrepreneurship and social development.
- FLO has partnered with the Women Development Cell, Shivaji College, Delhi University as a pilot. We intend to connect with the Youth, before they are into Job Market. The idea is to sensitize them of FLO Initiatives like SWAYAM, which is the entrepreneur development cell and various skilling initiatives under FLO. We also want to equip them with the knowledge of every law of the country that possibly affects them through our legal Initiative.
Corporate Round Table on Sustainable Sanitation, October 9th ,2018, Mumbai
- Focus on 'Sustainable Sanitation: Beyond Toilets and ODF' and the way forward
- Focus on “WASH in Schools- Changing sanitation behaviour of children under overall framework of education and Pedagogy”
- The ‘INSIGHTS’ events which are an important social sector initiative brought together by India Sanitation Coalition, IRC and TARU Leading Edge holds dialogue and discussions in key themes on sustainable sanitation. This includes sharing of new research findings, best practise sharing of successful sanitation initiatives and innovations in the WASH sector that are expected to help the stakeholders in sanitation including the policymakers, researchers, as well as social and market players.
- To appreciate and recognise the efforts of multi-stakeholders including enterprises and individuals working in this arena.
Millennium Alliance awards - Innovations from Water Sanitation and Health. Also Millennium Alliance awards- Education for the Early Grade Reading (Tentatively April 2019)
- Millennium Alliance under its Round6 call is accepting applications under the Health (Family Planning, Reproductive Child Health and Maternal Child Health) Education (Early Grade Reading) and the grant awards under these category would be up to 1 Crore for scale depending on the merit of the project (affordability, accessibility and Usability) for the population at the last mile. The application is open till first week of the Dec 2018, which would be followed by online evaluation; Sectoral review, pitching session and Due diligence followed by the Awards ceremony in month of April 2019. One of the awardee (Mr Jaydeep Mandal from Akar Innovation) was recently invited by the Vice President along with the Miss World who is supporting the cause and innovation like Millenium Alliance).
- Annual CSR Summit & Awards on February 21 , 2019.
- Make In India (Khadi)
- Plan to organise a World Khadi Forum to promote Khadi production through B2B meetings by bringing Khadi artisans and connecting them with prospective market within India and abroad.
In addition to the existing endeavours, FICCI is in touch with the Ministry of MSMEs to organize select business platforms with the objective create a sustainable entrepreneurial eco system amongst SC/ ST community by providing them right business opportunities, giving them access to market, finance et al and ability to utilize the existing government schemes in best possible manner for their business growth.
Flagship conference for school education and nation building on the theme, ‘Schools of future: Learners of tomorrow’ on December 17th , 2018,New Delhi.
- School education today has to align with the needs of Industry 4.0 or the fourth Industrial Revolution. This conference aims to discuss reforms and policies that will help the Indian K-12 Education leapfrog to a futuristic education that draws a visionary roadmap to new paradigms and models powered by innovation, inclusivity, autonomy and helps us adapt to this rapid and unprecedented disruption.
Planning to organise State level Skills Summits in Jharkhand, Assam and Jammu & Kashmir (Date-tbc)
- The proposed Skills Summits would cover the impact of technologies on the skill development ecosystem and how the stakeholders should respond to the changes. The sessions would also come up with recommendations for key stakeholders.
Diversity and Inclusion
FICCI has been undertaking significant endeavours aimed at bringing the under-privileged groups into the mainstream. These include focused projects and consultative platforms focusing on issues like women empowerment, empowering persons with disabilities, affirmative action in private sector, CSR initiatives and various social development and inclusion initiative. We now intend to further intensify our efforts in this area and undertake newer initiatives.
Registration is closed.