Innovations and excellence brought forward by geospatial technology developers, professionals, end users and policy makers has greatly contributed to the growth and maturity of the geospatial industry having its own identity in Indian economy.
FICCI is instituting national geospatial awards to recognize and felicitate some of the path-breaking initiatives towards geo-enablement of the nation
The purpose of the award is to
- Recognize achievements in the area of Geospatial Technologies
- Disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing Geospatial technologies initiatives
- Encourage innovations in successful Geospatial solutions
- Promote and exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
Last date of receiving nominations: June 30, 2019
- Geospatial Excellence In Governance
- Geospatial Technology Innovation
- Geospatial Excellence In Business Application
- Geo-Enamblement For Citizens
- Geospatial State/Ut Of India
Compendium of Success Stories
A compendium of the case studies / best practices in Applications of Geospatial Technologies will be prepared. The publication would provide an overall picture of the developments happened or innovative approaches taken up by different ministries/ departments/ industries/ organizations/ individuals where in use of the geospatial technologies have transformed the process and benefitted the project/ organization/ users/ community / a state or the entire country.
It will primarily be a compilation of success stories related to application of geospatial technologies in India and will also include some articles, case studies and Best Practices to set the context. However, this time it will be more than just a compendium as the proposed content given below will be able to create a holistic scenario and would also pose some questions at the same time in order to sense future of the use of technology, its commercial aspects and viewpoints of policy makers in optimizing technology driven growth while dealing with grey side of it.