The Committee is actively involved in discussion and debate around various issues related to company law, governance and competition law and has undertaken several initiatives in this area along with the Government and its various agencies; suggests policy/regulatory changes to address these issues and acts as a bridge between the policymaker/regulator and industry participants for development of business in India.
- To discuss and debate corporate law issues relating to the Companies Act and Rules, Corporate Governance, SEBI Laws, Competition Act and other Bills and Regulations having bearing on the industry’s performance
- Represent industry perspective and constructive engagement with government agencies
- Develop a better synergistic relationship between government and industry for identifying the major irritants in the performance of the sector and working towards creating an enabling environment for the growth of the sector
- Advocacy of new laws/regulations and changes through seminars and workshops
- Organize an annual branded event which brings to the forefront burning issues in the sector
- Constitute task forces to take up some important issues separately