State Council Overview
FICCI Karnataka State Council (FICCI-KSC) is based in Bengaluru which is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka. It has a population of over ten million, making it a megacity and the third most populous city and fifth most populous urban agglomeration in India.
Karnataka is one of the fastest growing states in India. The natural resources, policy incentives and infrastructure in the state favour investments in the IT/ITeS, biotechnology, engineering, electronics, automotive, textiles, agriculture and food-processing sectors. The state has about 401 R&D centres, the most in India. Around 400 of the Fortune Global 500 companies outsource their IT services to firms in Bengaluru.
FICCI-KSC, since its inception, has been playing an important role in promoting successful centre - state interface, assisting different verticals in FICCI to create awareness, stimulate and strengthen the reform process in the State of Karnataka. FICCI- KSC works closely with the State Government & Industry on policy issues, enhancing efficiency, competitiveness and expanding business opportunities for the industry through a wide spectrum of specialized services and global linkages.
FICCI-KSC organizes events and meetings to take up mainly policy issues, programmes on industry developments for awareness creation, industry mission, B2B meetings and facilitate inbound and overseas Business Delegation.
FICCI-KSC mainly works with the members of FICCI-KSC (which includes Corporates & regional Chambers) and FICCI-KSC Executive Committe Members. FICCI works extensively with its regional chambers and bodies, and its members are actively being involved in various events and seminars organised throughout the year.
Karnataka State Council Bengaluru office functions with Mr. Shaju Mangalam as the Head, Karnataka State Council.
- Play an active role in supporting state government on Policy & Regulatory Reforms: FICCI-KSC through member feedback and various activities helps state government in identifying potential areas of reforms and provide Industry Input for Ease of Doing Business.
- Organize Capacity Building workshops, seminars and Business Networking platform for the members for discussing issues, schemes and potential sectors for investment.
- State council organize various focused B2B / B2G meetings with many Domestic and International companies and delegation and provide matchmaking facilities to connect FICCI Member companies with them.
- State council generates leads on potential investors, who are looking to invest in the state through various activities including Exhibitions, Business Summits and B2B meetings and facilitate them in connecting with state government.
- Apart from State centric activities, state council also drive National Agenda for various sectors and support activities organized by FICCI HO in the regions of Karnataka.