The Committee aims to showcase value-creation by Private Equity and Venture Capital investors in terms of increased inflow of foreign growth capital, improved governance practices, supporting entrepreneurship and job creation (organized sector and gig economy) leading to social and economic benefits to the country. It is actively involved in discussion with the Government & Regulators with respect to issues such as overseas listing, pricing guidelines, hybrid instruments, delisting, governance issues; exits and contract enforcement issues, employee incentive programmes; lingering tax concerns, prosecution risk of investor directors; and clarity on the legal framework for the gig economy workforce.
Key objectives -
- To publicize the positive impact of PE investments through case studies, including high-value investments like the series of investments in recent cases; draw on experiences from mature and comparable economies.
- Work to improve governmental and administrative infrastructure (especially online) to promote good governance practices by investee companies.
- Organise discussions with the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, the RBI and SEBI on issues faced by the investor community and engage in stakeholder consultation to identify sectoral concerns and make appropriate recommendations to the Government.
- Engage with FICCI’s Stressed Assets Committee and advocate a facilitative investment regime in stressed assets.
- Engage with bodies like country-based chambers of commerce for promoting investment into India.
- Promote India’s potential to benefit from the likely shifts in global supply and value chains away from China.