ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP
FICCI has set up the Centre for Sustainability Leadership to assist companies achieve sustainability through appropriate strategies and implementation, involving their value chains, and helping them adopt sustainable pathways through relevant interventions and ecosystem-based approaches that promote sustainable consumption, sustainable production, and sustainable lifestyles.
CENTRE’S FOCUS AREAS
- Climate and sustainability solutions
- Climate risk assessment
- Climate adaptation
- Climate resilience
- ESG strategy and implementation
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Ecosystem-based solutions
- Biodiversity conservation
- Forest conservation
- Land restoration
- Regenerative agriculture
FOCUS ON SMEs
Mainstreaming sustainability and climate resilience of SMEs is at the core of the sustainable development agenda as it will encompass inclusiveness, strong social and environmental co-benefits, improve the overall health of SMEs, and facilitate progress on the sustainable development goals.
The Centre will act as a catalyst for building sustainable and climate-resilient SMEs by undertaking the following initiatives:
- Intensive capacity building and sensitisation efforts. The Centre will provide geographical and sectoral case studies and best practices, opportunities to learn from peers, and access to technology providers.
- Supporting move towards better compliance with both national and international regulations, in tandem with the evolving regulatory landscape in the future.
- Improving SME’s understanding of risks and opportunities associated with environment, social, and governance (ESG) norms, and equip them with the skill sets to measure and monitor their risks and ESG performance.
ECube Investment Advisors Private Limited, on an exclusive basis. ECube is an Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) focused platform, founded by a team with deep corporate and operating experience. It provides a range of services, including advisory services, supporting investors and companies in developing and deploying ESG strategies and ESG performance improvement. ECube is also leveraging its own networks and partnerships to offer optimal solutions and services to the Centre.
Multiple, would be selected through competitive bidding process.
In five years, the Centre would have created the following impact:
- Built the largest community of practitioners, experts, and sustainability leaders.
- Created the most comprehensive repository of knowledge and information on climate change and sustainability for companies.
- Trained / built capacities of large number of MSMEs.
- Developed and provided deeper understanding and insights for the top 1000 companies mandated under BRSR.
- Created awareness on BRSR among thousands of additional companies beyond the top 1000, including members of their value chains.
- Created extensive dialogues and programmes within 10 carbon intensive sectors – cement, chemicals, fertilizers, FMCG, power, oil and gas, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, steel, textiles.
- Built a curated showcase of climate tech start-ups and connected them with FICCI members.
- Created knowledge partnerships with several organisations/institutions, including consultants, auditors, academic institutions, management schools, R&D centres, etc.
Please connect with us as undermentioned.
GOVERNANCE MODEL FOR CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABILITY LEADERSHIP
Patrons, Founding Members, Ex-officio Members and Knowledge Partner.
Senior leaders and Experts.
Additional Director General