Oil & Gas sector is a key contributor to India’s economy as over one third of the energy required in the country is met by hydrocarbons. Oil and gas play a major role in influencing decision making for all the other important sections of the economy.
- Oil & Gas sector is a key contributor to India’s economy as over one third of the energy required in the country is met by hydrocarbons. Oil and gas play a major role in influencing decision making for all the other important sections of the economy.
- The Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has called for a 10% reduction in import dependence from the current level of 77% by the year 2022.
- Further, we have set an ambitious task of increasing our share of gas consumption in the energy basket from the current level of 6.5% to 15% by 2022.
- India has also made a strong commitment at COP21 to reduce its carbon emission per unit of GDP, by 33-35% from what it was in 2005, by 2030.
- In a major policy drive to give a boost to petroleum and hydrocarbon sector, the Government has recently unveiled a series of initiatives like the twin launch of Open Acreage Licensing Policy and National Data Repository. The two initiatives launched under the new Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy, are major steps in India's journey towards achieving energy security and would reinstate the confidence of investors in India.
- To deliberate on issues related to oil and gas sector and supplement various efforts of the Government of India and other bodies engaged in this area by giving periodic inputs and submitting industry representations.
- Facilitating policy and regulatory framework for the Industry for conducive business operations.
- To be the credible voice of Indian hydrocarbon industry enabling its sustained growth and global competitiveness.
- Create value for members and stakeholders in all our actions by providing them with timely information and productive suggestions.
- Creating a healthy and strong interface amongst the Industry, Government and regulatory bodies.
- Serve as a strong facilitator of continuous dialogue between various stakeholders of the upstream, midstream & downstream sectors of the Indian oil and gas sector.
- Conducting periodic oil and gas related networking meetings, seminars and conferences where all major players participate to discuss on the emerging issues, share their views, find out innovative solutions to any existing or emerging challenges.
Vivek PanditAssistant Secretary General
Role of Natural Gas in India's Transition Journey to Clean Energy
India Gas Infrastructure Conference 2023 (IGIC 2023)
Investments in upstream sector to continue; policies will be made conducive to attract foreign investment: Additional Secretary (E&CVO), MoP&NG
Virtual Conference on Upstream Oil & Gas Industry in India - The Way Ahead
Evolving Landscape of "Clean Energy in India"
Digital Transformation of the Indian E&P Industry
Webinar on Future outlook on Petroleum Products Retailing: Impact of new retail guidelines on LNG retail stations
Webinar on Future of Global Oil & Gas Prices & Policies for India
India Gas Infrastructure Conference 2019
FICCI Statement on Cabinet nod to Policy Reform for Exploration and Exploitation of Unconventional Hydrocarbons
Time not ripe for upgrading DGH into an independent statutory body, says Petroleum & Natural Gas Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan<br>Focus is on increasing gas production, efficiency & development of alternative fuels
Conference on Unleashing India's Domestic E&P Potential
Report On India Gas Infrastructure: Strategies to accelerate to a Gas Based Economy
India Gas Infrastructure Conference 2017
Building a new energy security architecture
4th National Conference on Energy Security
FICCI Representation on Reforms required for a transition to Gas Based Economy
Fuel Retailing : Preparing For The Next Technology Wave
Special Track on Fuel Retailing: Petrotech 2016
Marginal Field Policy: Major Policy Initiative to Incentivise the Domestic E&P Sector
India to soon auction 69 marginal oil and gas fields owned by state explorers
FICCI-Metis Masterclass on Global LNG Markets and Trends and Trading Strategies
India Energy Session: India's Evolving LNG Business & Future Prospects
Knowledge Paper: Petrotech 2012
7th Asia Gas Partnership Summit
Special Track on Fuel Retailing - Pricing, Technology & Emerging Business Models
Reaction from FICCI on Oil Price Increase
Training Course on Gas/LNG and Gas Transportation Contracts - Structuring, Negotiation & Pricing
Asia Gas Partnership Summit 2010
"Indian Retail Revolution - Challenges & Opportunities for Fuel Retail" : PETROTECH 2009
India - CIS Roundtable on Hydrocarbons
5th Asia Gas Partnership Summit